Thursday, May 31, 2012

Playa del Carmen - June 2012 - The Grand Finale

I would like to end my travelogue with a grand finale of pictures, pictures, pictures!

But before I do, I would like to briefly comment about travelling to Playa del Carmen in early June. We liked it a lot. It's low season, so hotel prices are at their lowest and it's not crowded at all. In most cases, reservations are not needed at restaurants. You can just walk right in and have your pick of where to sit. The weather is hot and humid, but in most cases not unbearable, although walking around town in the middle of the day will result in being soaked in sweat, for sure (stay near the ocean during the day). June is rainy season but the rain is usually sporatic, although we did have a day or so where it was steadily rainy or overcast. The best part about June is that the ocean and swimming pools are very, very comfortable - around 85 degrees. You can walk right into them with almost no discomfort, but they are still slightly cool (just enough to be refreshing). I don't think I would stay in a hotel room that didn't have air conditioning in June, unless it was directly beachfront.

We would definitely return to Playa in June again.

And now, for the pictures!

2 comments:

charlie said...

Wonderful report of you vacation. We love Playa have been there 7 times but always love reading others experiences to plan for the next time. We will try some of the places you did
thanks

Connie said...

Really enjoyed the trip report! We're going for our fifth trip in December. Loved your food tips, and all your photos look amazing! Thanks for all the work putting it together...